We've missed you!The last few months have been a whirlwind to say the least. We're certainly not out of the woods yet, but the state of California and Kern County have come to the agreement to allow certain businesses to reopen to customers with appropriate modifications. Kernville Cowork is reopening under the guidance for "office workspaces". We're keeping in mind that we are far more than just office space, and we aren't your typical office - how many offices have visitors drop in from all over the country?
Below we're laying out our plan for reopening. Keep in mind that we're receiving new information and guidance from the government every day, and we're also listening to our members to hear what they want and need. All of the below is subject to change.
So here's the plan:
- If you have a fever, cough, or any symptoms associated with COVID-19, stay at home and get tested. There is now free testing available at the hospital in Mt Mesa.
- We've set up a table at the entrance to the cowork with sanitation supplies, including disinfecting wipes, disinfecting spray, and hand sanitizer.
- We've reconfigured our desks so that every seat has adequate distancing following the latest OSHA guidelines
- We've added desks and reconfigured portions of the space that were previously used for meeting space to allow for greater spacing and options
- The table at the entrance has surgical masks for those that wish to use them. Given the distance between desks and the sedentary nature of office work, we are not requiring members and visitors to use masks while working at the desks. We ask that any visitors taking tours of the coworking space wear a face covering.
- We are asking that members limit the number of in-person meetings that they have, and we are asking that anyone participating in an in-person meeting wear a face covering.
- We are still holding all of our events online, and we will not be holding any in person events until given the green light from the state
- We are sanitizing all surfaces at least once a day, and between uses
- Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer are available next to shared resources such as the printer. We ask that members wipe down any shared equipment after using or touching the equipment.