The very first rule of Kernville Cowork is that we don’t like to make rules. If you are questioning whether something is allowable, let your conscience be your guide and do the right thing. We will do our best not to create rules unless we have to. That being said, here are some guidelines (and rules!) to follow.
- Be nice. Members and guests are here to get work done. Treat others with respect and kindness. Consider your surroundings and use a suitable level of voice and language. Turn off/down the sound on your phone, computer, or other gadget. Clean up after yourself. Just be nice.
- Pitch in. We operate with a skeleton staff to keep costs – and your fees – down. Being a member of Kernville Cowork is like living with roommates. We all contribute toward the cost of keeping a roof over our heads and the utilities on. We also help keep the place going. Make coffee. Wash the dishes. Take out the trash. Replace empty toilet paper rolls. See a need? Pitch in.
- Don’t overconsume. We provide a lot of amenities without limitation, such as printing, snacks, coffee, water, etc. We don’t want to have to charge per item/print/etc. Feel free to utilize all of the amenities within reason. If you use more than a reasonable amount (such as printing a book), please pitch in a few bucks to help cover the additional supplies. When in doubt, let your conscience be your guide.
- Avoid doing bad, annoying or otherwise not-OK things like:
- Pyramid/Multi-level Marketing schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming
- Promoting your business (or your kid’s fundraiser) to others trying to work
- Posting or distributing anything inappropriate, profane, defamatory, or indecent
- No Smoking or Vaping. Smoking or vaping is not allowed in our workspace. Smoking and vaping is allowed outside the workspace, but please extinguish and dispose of any cigarettes/cigars properly.
- Hold each other accountable. These Playground Rules are shared with every member, Day Pass user and meeting room renter. We should all know what they are. If someone forgets, remind him/her (with respect, like you would want). Oh, and, it’s your responsibility make sure your guests follow these rules and generally behave themselves.
- Stay tuned. Updates to these Playground Rules will be posted on the Kernville Cowork Website and in the workspace. It’s your responsibility to keep up with any changes and adhere to them. If there’s anything you don’t understand, just ask. We’re here to help.